General Description of the Organization:
The mission of the Organization is to promote, develop, and implement community-based projects in Syria by civil society activists in order to improve the lives of civilians in their communities, mainly inside Syria, and empower them to stand up for their rights. All team members are committed to the principals of humanity, neutrality and impartiality, and dedicated to stand up for the rights of the Syrian people in achieving freedom, dignity and equal citizenship.
Head of Programs
Field Project Staff
Other work relations:
Operations and Development Departments
Full / Part Time:
- Support the Programs Director with the supervision, implementation and coordination of the project.
- Oversight of projects’ financial and administrative matters.
- In liaison with the Programs Director, participate in the preparation of project proposals and needs assessments.
- Manage statistical information, its arrangement and organization.
- Follow up on the implementation of project activities in accordance with action plans and monitor the progress of project targets against indicators on a weekly basis.
- Address and follow up on any issues (procedural or otherwise); search for solutions and provide the necessary recommendations for development.
- Share expertise and provide technical guidance, on the job training, coaching and mentoring to subordinate field team.
- Supervise the development of weekly, monthly and annual work/action plans and follow-up on implementation.
- Supervise weekly team meetings with subordinate and field staff to discuss challenges and successes faced in implementation.
- Participate in coordination with IDIL MEAL team to ensure quality implementation. Share the results and lessons learned in a timely fashion with the relevant parties.
- Coordination of field visits (donor and internal) to follow up on community-based activities.
- Maintain positive relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders through information sharing and coordination.
- Manage activity reports to include project progress and any necessary modifications to the implementation process.
- Review and approve Attendance and Monitoring Forms for project staff.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit
- Ensure that Daily, Weekly and monthly reports are correct and delivered on time to the Programs Director and stakeholders.
- Perform any other task relevant to the position or as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Agricultural Economics, Agri business management, or related field.
- Certificate in Program Management preferred.
- At least 3 years experience in a managerial role related to agro-business development and management of agriculture focused projects within INGO, NGO and Humanitarian settings.
- Proven experience and high competence in managing livelihood and beneficiary capacity building projects.
- Experience in remote management of teams, providing trainings and staff capacity building.
- Language Proficiency: Arabic and English skills are required for writing, typing and speaking.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of beneficiaries at all times
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Experience in undertaking participatory appraisal and monitoring and evaluation
- Professional report writing skills
- Priority for those who have Turkish nationality.